Pick a crime topic that interests you: below are some ideas of topic areas you may want to consider, but you are not limited to these areas. The areas listed are very broad, you should narrow the area to a specific type of crime. For more ideas read the section in the textbook that address the broad area you are interested in.
|• Property offenses i.e. burglary, theft, fraud, identity theft||• Terrorism: domestic or international|
|• Homicide||• Crime & Mental illness|
|• Sex Offenses||• War on Drugs|
|• Juvenile Crimes||• Gangs|
|• Drug Possession||• White Collar Crime i.e. crimes by employees or corporate crimes|
|• Robbery||• Domestic Violence|
|• Organized Crime||• Computer crimes|
|• Public Order Crime: prostitution, drug abuse, drug sales,||• Your choice|
- Prepare a literature review of your chosen topic. The literature should come from at least four professional peer reviewed journals, plus other sources such as books, government documents etc. The literature review will build the base of your research project. You will be required to write a narrative discussing your literature findings. [Minimum of 700 words]
- Next research what is currently in the mass media pertaining to your topic. This includes television shows, movies, news media-print and television, the slicks i.e. Time Newsweek, Cosmopolitan, teen magazine…. etc. Discuss how your topic is presented in the mass media and how does that depiction align with the academic and peer reviewed material you have gathered. [Minimum 200 words]
- Apply a theory of criminology to your topic. This can be one theory or a combination of theories. [Minimum of 300]
- What current local programs, agencies, legislation, and/or policy pertaining to your topic exist?[300 words minimum] Discuss how locally your issue is being addressed currently.
- What national and/or global programs, agencies, legislation, and /or policy pertaining to your topic exist?[300 words minimum] Discuss how your topic is being addressed in areas outside of your local area, what is going on in other states or countries to address the topic you are researching.
- CRITICALLY IMPORTANT SECTION OF YOUR PAPER!!What do you recommend for further action in regards to your topic? [This should be in the parameters of a program or policy or structural change] Use the theory you chose in section #3 as the support for your recommendation. This section of the paper needs to be well developed and in-depth. [700 words] MAKES SURE YOU INCLUDE what the goal of your recommendation is and enumerate the steps to implement it?
Write in APA Format Style. Here is a link to APA format and citation guide https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/
**To receive a perfect academic essay on the instructions above, place your order now**